Last updated: October 3, 2023
Eightfold uses artificial intelligence through its software services built upon its Talent Intelligence Platform solutions, providing effective ways for our customers that purchase our products and services (“Customers”) to acquire, engage and retain talent (the “Services”).
Our processing of Personal Data may be subject to certain privacy laws, such as the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) or the California Consumer Privacy Act, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CCPA”). Additional information for California residents regarding the CCPA may be found here. Where the GDPR applies, Eightfold is a data controller for the processing of Personal Data described in the Our Website section and, except as otherwise indicated, a data processor acting on behalf of our Customers for the processing described in the Our Services section.
1. Personal Data We Collect
When you contact us or interact with the Site, we may collect Personal Data that, alone or in combination with other information, could be used to identify you as follows:
Customer Account and Inquiries: If you are a Customer or prospective Customer (or a representative or employee), we collect and process your Personal Data when you (i) visit the Site or make a request to receive information about our Services, including to book a demo, (ii) contact our sales team or customer support team, and (iii) sign up for an Eightfold account and use the Services. The Personal Data we collect may include your first and last name, job title, company name, email address, mailing address, password to access your Customer portal, payment and billing information, phone number, and country location.
Job Applicants: If you are applying for a job with us, we collect and process your job application information that may contain Personal Data such as those in your resume. If you are a California resident and apply for a job with us, please see here to learn more about your rights with respect to our processing of your Personal Data.
Information We Collect Through Our Social Media Pages: We have pages on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn (“Social Media Pages”). We may collect Personal Data from you when you interact with our Social Media Pages, such as the Facebook “like” button, the “Tweet” button and other sharing widgets (“Social Media Features”). You may be given the option by such Social Media Features to post information about your activities on a website to a profile page of yours that is provided by a third party social media network in order to share with others within your network. Social Media Features are either hosted by the respective social media network or hosted directly on our website. To the extent the Social Media Features are hosted by the respective social media networks, the latter may receive information that you have visited our website from your IP address. If you are logged into your social media account, it is possible that the respective social media network can link your visit of our website with your social media profile.
Your interactions with Social Media Features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies providing the relevant Social Media Features.
Information We Receive From Your Use of the Site: When you visit, use and interact with the Site, we may receive certain information about your visit, use or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit our Site, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited on our Site, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), which browsers people use to access and visit our Site (e.g., Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and Site-navigation pattern. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log data: Information (“log data”) that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site. Log data includes your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (so we understand which country you are connecting from when you visit the Site), browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Site.
- Device information: Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage Information: We collect information about how you use our Site, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency and duration of your activities.
2. How We Use Information
We use Personal Data collected via the Site for the following purposes:
As necessary for certain legitimate business interests, which include the following:
- To respond to inquiries, comments, feedback or questions;
- To find employment opportunities for you as job applicants;
- To send administrative or account related information to you, for example, information about the Site or Services, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- To conduct analytics to inform our marketing strategy and enable us to enhance and personalize the experience we offer to our customers;
- To prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Site and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture and networks;
- To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, customers, or other third parties; and
- If you ask us to delete your data and we are required to fulfill your request, we will keep basic data to maintain a record of your request, our response to it and use that data to prevent further unwanted processing.
Marketing. We may contact you to tell you about services we believe will be of interest to you. For instance, if you elect to provide your email or telephone number, we may use that information to send you special offers. Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent prior to sending you marketing communications. You may opt out of receiving emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you. You can also control the marketing messages you receive by updating your settings. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future marketing communications, please contact us. If you unsubscribe from our marketing lists, you will no longer receive marketing communications but we will continue to contact you regarding our Site and Services and to respond to your requests.
3. Sharing and Disclosure of Information
We do not share or disclose Personal Data we collect about you, except as described in this Policy or as we disclose to you at the time this information is collected. In certain circumstances we may share your Personal Data with third parties without further notice to you, unless required by the law, as set forth below:
- Vendors and Service Providers: We authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information only as necessary to perform services on behalf of Eightfold (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of the Site). To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may share Personal Data with providers of hosting, marketing, and sales/customer relationship management services. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process or store Personal Data in the course of performing their duties to us.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider, your Personal Data and other information may be transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
4. Links to Other Websites
5. Your Choices
It is your choice whether you provide certain Personal Data to us via the Site, but if you choose not to provide information that is needed to process your orders or to use some features of our Site, we may be unable to process your orders or you may be unable to use those features. You can also contact us to access, update, correct, or remove your Personal Data from the Site, as described in Your Rights.
1. Personal Data We Process on Behalf of Our Customers
Eightfold processes Personal Data on behalf of our Customers as a service provider as necessary to provide the Services; prevent or address any service or technical issues; respond to Customer support requests; for any other purpose provided for in the Customer agreement; or in accordance with or as may be required by law.
Customers collect and manage Personal Data through their use of our Services in accordance with their own privacy policies and practices, over which we have no control. We have no direct relationship with the individuals whose Personal Data we process on behalf of Customers, unless we have direct accounts with you as job candidates. If you are an employee or job candidate of one of our Customers and would no longer like your data to be used by one of our Customers that use our Services or you would like to access, correct or request deletion of your data, please contact the Customer that you interact with directly.
Personal Data Provided by Customers: In order to provide the Services to our customers, Eightfold processes certain Personal Data input or uploaded into our Services by our Customers’ employees or authorized users, or Eightfold’s personnel who input or upload on behalf of Customers. Through those connections, we receive certain Personal Data about employees and candidates for employment that the Customer makes available to us, such as contact information, professional and educational backgrounds and information included in resumes.
Personal Data Provided by Prospective Employees: As part of our Services, Eightfold processes certain Personal Data input or uploaded into our Services by prospective employees, including contact information, professional and educational backgrounds, and other information included in resumes. For example, if you apply to a job posted on a career page of a prospective employer that is one of our Customers, your Personal Data may be processed by Eightfold in provision of the Services. To the extent that our Services, such as a mobile app, allow you to directly upload job application information, including resumes, in order to connect with potential employers, we process that information for our Customers and their authorized users, including analyzing, summarizing, displaying, allowing downloading of the information or forwarding the information to the employers who created the job positions.
Personal Data Obtained from Third Party Sources: We may obtain information about potential job candidates from (i) third parties who provide data they have collected from various sources commercially and (ii) publicly available sources where job candidates have made available their professional information including resumes, such as professional social networks or employment-related search engines for job listings. The Personal Data obtained from these sources generally includes contact information, professional and educational backgrounds, and information included in resumes. Obtaining this information helps our Customers locate individuals who are the right fit for their employment needs and helps those potential job candidates find new job opportunities that may interest them and/or be a better fit for their professional skills.
2. Personal Data We Control
Eightfold may obtain and control processing of Personal Data of authorized users of our Services and Customers’ administrative personnel in connection with the operation, support and/or use of the Services, including their names, emails, contact information and billing information. Eightfold may also obtain and use Personal Data from third-party public and commercial sources as described previously to improve and provide the Services including ensuring candidate job profiles are up to date, and for Eightfold’s hiring and talent needs.
3. How We Use Information
We use Personal Data processed via the Services for the following purposes:
To provide our Customers with the Services so they can find potential job candidates to match with desired job requirements and facilitate employee career growth through internal mobility. This processing is necessary to perform our contract with our Customers.
As necessary for certain legitimate business interests, which include the following:
- To provide, operate, optimize and maintain the Services;
- To address Customer inquiries, comments, feedback, questions, sales and marketing support, support requests and product developmentTo manage Eightfold’s platform, system administration and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture and networks;
- To compile anonymized statistics about the operation and use of the Services to carry out research, development, and analyze usage and provide, maintain and improve the content and functionality of the Services;
- To send Customers administrative and technical alerts, reports, updates, security notifications and other Service-related communications;
- To investigate and prevent fraud, criminal activity, unauthorized access or use of Services, breaches of terms and policies, and other wrongful behavior;
- To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, customers, or other third parties;
- To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes about which Eightfold will notify you;
- To keep track of our Customer billing, payments and account management; and
- If you ask us to delete your data and we are required to fulfill your request, we will keep basic data to maintain a record of your request, our response to it and use that data to prevent further unwanted processing.
4. Sharing and Disclosure of Information
- Service Providers and Subprocessors: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions related to the Services, we may share Personal Data with providers of hosting, marketing, sales/customer relationship management services, product support, product management, and security enhancement. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process or store Personal Data in the course of performing their duties to us. Further details on our speciﬁc use of subprocessors are described in our Subprocessor Notice.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider, your Personal Data and other information may be transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction along with other assets or reviewed as a part of the due diligence process.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
Cookies and Other Technologies
We also use web beacons on our Site and Services and in email communications. For example, we may place web beacons in marketing emails that notify us when you click on a link in the email that directs you to the Site and Services. Such technologies are used to operate and improve the Site and Services and email communications.
We implement reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. For example, we use available technology and other techniques to implement systems like firewalls and/or encryption. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Services. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to Eightfold via the Internet. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site, the Services, or third party websites.
EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Data Privacy Frameworks and the UK Data Bridge
In compliance with the EU-U.S. DPF, the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF, and the Swiss-U.S. DPF, Eightfold commits to resolve DPF Principles-related complaints about our collection and use of your personal information. EU, UK, and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our handling of Personal Data received in reliance on the EU-U.S. DPF, the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF, and the Swiss-U.S. DPF should first contact Eightfold at: email@example.com.
In compliance with the EU-U.S. DPF, the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF, and the Swiss-U.S. DPF, Eightfold commits to refer unresolved complaints concerning our handling of Personal Data received in reliance on the EU-U.S. DPF, the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF, and the Swiss-U.S. DPF to VerSafe, an alternative dispute resolution provider with offices in the U.S. and the EU. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your DPF Principles-related complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your DPF Principles-related complaint to your satisfaction, please visit VeraSafe Data Privacy Framework Dispute Resolution Procedure for more information or to file a complaint. The services of Versafe are provided at no cost to you.
The Federal Trade Commission has jurisdiction over Eightfold’s compliance with the EU-U.S. DPF, the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF, and the Swiss-U.S. DPF.
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences until you opt out of receiving these communications and in accordance with our policies.
To determine the appropriate retention period for your Personal Data, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we use your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In some circumstances, we may anonymize your Personal Data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case it is no longer Personal Data.
Any Personal Data we process on behalf of our Customers is retained in accordance with the timeframes set out in the relevant customer agreements.
Your Rights Relating to your Personal Data
You have certain rights relating to your Personal Data, subject to local data protection laws. Depending on the applicable laws and, in particular, if you are located in the EU, UK or Switzerland (for these purposes, the EU includes European Economic Area countries of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway), these rights may include your rights under EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). If you are a California resident, please see the Additional Information for California Residents section to understand your rights.
- To access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Data held by us, taking into account the purpose of processing the Personal Data and to the extent permitted by applicable data protection laws.
- To restrict our processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the data or object to processing of your Personal Data.
- If you object to processing of your Personal Data, we will stop processing: (1) if we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your Personal Data — unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing; or (2) If we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us at the “Contact Us” section below.
- You have the right to request portability of your Personal Data that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you, and that is processed by automated means.
- You have the right to be free from decisions based solely on automated processing of your Personal Data (including profiling) which produces a significant legal effect on you, unless this is necessary in relation to a contract between you and us or you provide your explicit consent to this use.
- If we rely on your consent to process your Personal Data, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Data conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your Personal Data, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. See http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
Please use the information provided in the “Contact Us” section below to exercise your rights. For Personal Data we process on behalf of our Customers, please direct any requests related to your rights to the Eightfold Customer who holds the relevant Eightfold account. As a data processor of any Personal Data stored and processed on the Services, Eightfold will not be able to respond directly to such requests and will refer any such requests to the relevant Customer.
Additional Information for California Residents
In accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CCPA”), this section is intended to inform California residents of (1) the personal information that we collect and how we disclose that information, and (2) the privacy rights California residents may have relating to their personal information and how those rights can be exercised.
As used in this section, the terms “business”, “business purpose”, “collects” / “collected” / “collection”, “consumer”, “commercial purposes”, “consent”, “cross-context behavioral advertising”, “deidentified”, “device”, “household”, “infer” / “inference”, “person”, “personal information”, “processing”, “sell” / “selling” / “sale” / “sold”, “sensitive personal information”, “service provider”, “share” / “shared” / “sharing”, “third party”, and “unique identifier” / “unique personal identifier” have the respective definitions set forth in CCPA.
Specifically, this section applies to our processing activity when we are acting as a business under CCPA. When we provide Services to a Customer, we are acting as a service provider to the Customer (the business). To the extent Eightfold is processing your personal information as a service provider, please contact the applicable Customer you interacted with to learn more about your rights with respect to your personal information.
1. Personal Information Collection and Disclosure
In the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information and disclosed such information to the following categories of third parties for the business purposes further described below:
|Categories of Personal Information Collected as a Business||Examples||Categories of Third Parties to Whom Disclosed|
A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, email address, account name, driver’s license number, Social Security Number, passport number, and other similar identifiers.
Note: driver’s license number, Social Security Number, and passport number are only collected in the context of applicants applying to work at Eightfold (e.g., for pre-employment background checks) or complying with legal obligations.
|Personal information types listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))|
A name, signature, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, and driver’s license or state identification card number.
Note: driver’s license or state identification card number are only collected in the context of applicants applying to work at Eightfold (e.g., for pre-employment background checks) or complying with legal obligations.
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law||Race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, marital status, sex, age (40 years or older), gender.|
|Commercial information||Records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information||Unique personal identifier, browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement (see Cookies and Other Technologies for more information).|
If you are an Eightfold job applicant, and you use our Careers portal to search for open positions, you may choose to provide us your precise geolocation information.
Eightfold does not collect or process this information for the purposes of inferring characteristics about you, and, thus, treats such information as “personal information” for the purposes of the CCPA (not “sensitive personal information”).
|Audio, electronic, visual and similar information||Audio or video recordings, photographs, voicemail, or similar information.|
|Professional or employment- related information||Current or past job history, including job titles, work experience, employers, education (e.g., schools attended), projects worked on, and skills.|
|Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this table to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||Inferences made by machine learning to the extent associated with a person and job positions at Eightfold, such as likely skills, matching to a particular job opportunity, and likelihood to apply for a position.|
|Categories of Sensitive Personal Information Collected as a Business||Examples||Categories of Third Parties to Whom Disclosed|
|Personal information that reveals a consumer’s . . .||_||_|
|Social security, driver’s license, state identification case, or passport number||If you are an Eightfold job applicant and you have provided your Social Security Number, driver’s license number, state identification card number, or passport number to Eightfold as part of the application process, Eightfold may collect and process that sensitive personal information about you to perform pre-employment background checks.||
|Racial or ethnic origin||If you are an Eightfold job applicant or you otherwise upload your resume to Eightfold’s Careers page, Eightfold may collect or process sensitive personal information about you that reveals racial or ethnic origin. This information is used by Eightfold to hire and retain a diverse global workforce, execute on Eightfold’s DE&I strategies, and to facilitate producing legally-required government reports on the hiring and employment of protected classes of diverse job applicants and employees.||
Personal information included in one category may overlap with other categories. Not all categories will be collected or received for every consumer.
Eightfold collects the above-described categories of personal information from the following sources:
- Direct collection: We collect personal information directly from you when you choose to provide it to us by filling out forms on our website, engaging in transactions with us, signing up to receive promotional or information communications from us, communicating with us about our services, or otherwise directly providing the information to us as described above. If you are an Eightfold job applicant, such collection includes collection from the job application forms available through our Careers page and job portals, sending us attachments or other communications in connection with the job application process, interviewing with us, or otherwise directly providing the information to us.
- Indirect and technology-based collection: We also collect certain personal information from you indirectly when you visit, use, or navigate our Site or services. Eightfold collects certain unique identifiers (such as IP addresses) and internet and similar network activity (such as Site usage data) from you indirectly using cookies, pixels, and passive tracking technologies. Please see Cookies and Other Technologies for more information.
- Collection via social media: We may collect personal information about social media users, including: basic user profile information (such as username); user-generated content (such as posts, comments, pages, profiles, or feeds); associated metadata (such as time and location of a post or comment); contact details (such as name, email address, telephone number if made public by the user); and additional individual information published by the user (such as employer, profession, location, and education information). The type and scope of personal information obtained from social media platforms depends on the type of APIs and permissions set out by the respective platforms and the administrative permissions granted by customers and users of these platforms.
- Service providers, partners, or vendors: From time-to-time, we may obtain marketing or lead lists from our service providers, partners, or vendors. For example, we engage vendors who may provide us with information that was collected from your interactions with third parties that indicate you may be interested in our services. We use this information, for example, to send you marketing communications. If you are an Eightfold job applicant, we may collect information about you from third parties who support our human resources and recruiting efforts, including recruitment agencies, vendors that support our performance of background/reference checks, and advertising vendors. As described above, we may also obtain information collected from various publicly and commercially available sources, generally regarding professional, career, or employment-related information as well as contact information. (See Personal Data Obtained from Third Party Sources for additional details.) In many cases, such information may not be personal information because the information is “publicly available” under CCPA.
2. Purposes for the Collection and Use of Personal Information
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information and to make other internal and lawful uses of the information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- Providing and optimizing your experience on our Site and ensuring that our content is presented to you in the most effective manner.
- Fulfilling transactions with you, processing your payments, and managing the transaction process.
- Communicating with you and responding to your inquiries about our services, including to provide you with promotional and informational communications regarding our services, informing you about new services, updating you about changes to our services, and investigating any concerns you have about our services or your interactions with us.
- Engaging in analytics regarding use of our services by users for the purposes of marketing to current or potential customers.
- Developing, updating, and improving our services, customer service, customer experience, and marketing efforts, and otherwise improving our knowledge and insights regarding customers.
- If you are searching for a job at Eightfold on our Careers page or you are an Eightfold job applicant, facilitating your job search and application, communicating with you about your application, and evaluating you as a job applicant and, as applicable, engaging in the hiring process.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Site.
- Preventing and detecting fraud, hacking activities, security breaches, and other unlawful activities in connection with our services.
- Enforcing our agreements and complying with our legal or regulatory obligations.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
- Performing other functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection of the information or to which you have consented.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
3. Sensitive Personal Information
We collect and use your sensitive personal Information for the business or commercial purposes described in the table above.
If you would like to request that Eightfold limit the use of your sensitive personal information, please click the link below to make such a request:
4. Sharing and Selling of Personal Information
In the past 12 months, Eightfold shared with marketing/advertising service companies the following categories of personal information for the purposes of cross-context behavioral advertising:
- Identifiers (including unique personal identifiers, online identifiers, IP addresses, device identifiers, and similar identifiers), and
- Internet or other similar network activity online identifiers (including unique personal identifiers, online identifiers, IP addresses, device identifiers, and similar identifiers)
Eightfold shared this personal information for the purposes of allowing such third parties to provide targeted advertising and cross-context behavioral advertising services, including on behalf of Eightfold. Please see Cookies and Other Technologies for more information.
If you would like to opt-out of the sharing of your personal information, please click the link below to make such a request:
In the past 12 months, Eightfold has not sold personal information.
Eightfold does not have actual knowledge of any sales or sharing of personal information regarding minors under 16 years of age.
5. Applicable Retention Period
The criteria Eightfold uses to determine the retention period for the above categories of personal information is described in Data Retention above.
6. California Privacy Rights
To the extent provided for by CCPA and subject to applicable exceptions and exclusions, California residents have the following privacy rights in relation to the personal information we collect:
- The right to know what personal information we have collected and how we have used and disclosed that personal information.
- The right to request we provide you with copies of the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- The right to request deletion of your personal information that we have collected about you.
- The right to opt out of the sale and/or sharing of your personal information. See Sharing and Selling of Personal Information for additional information.
- The right to request that Eightfold correct inaccurate personal information.
- The right to request that Eightfold limit use of your sensitive personal information. See Sensitive Personal Information for additional information
- The right to non-discrimination for the exercise of any of your privacy rights. We will not discriminate or retaliate against any consumer for exercising their rights under CCPA, including by denying benefits or services that we make available, charging different prices or rates for services or benefits, providing a different level or quality of services or benefits, or suggesting that the person may receive a different price or level of quality of services or benefits.
7. Exercising Your Rights
California residents can contact Eightfold using the Contact Us information below, or by calling us at 888-325-8222, to exercise their privacy rights.
California residents may also exercise these rights on behalf of their minor children in the same manner. As noted in Children below, the Site and the Services are not directed to children who are under the age of 16.
Eightfold cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity and confirm the personal information relates to you. We may require you to verify your identity before you can submit a request to know or delete personal information held by Eightfold. If you do not have an account with us, or if we suspect fraudulent or malicious activity, we may ask you to provide additional personal information for verification, such as your name, email address, phone number, and relationship to Eightfold. If we cannot verify your identity, we will decline to act on your request and will provide you notice as such.
9. Authorized Agents
You may submit a request to know or delete your personal information held by Eightfold through an authorized agent. If you do so, we may require the agent to present signed written permission to act on your behalf. You may also be required to independently verify your identity with us and confirm that you have provided the agent permission to submit the request. If we have a reasonable basis to believe that a request through an authorized agent is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive, we may decline to act on the request by telling you why we made that decision and/or why a fee may be warranted to complete the request.
The Site and the Services are not directed to children who are under the age of 16. Eightfold does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 16. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided Personal Data to Eightfold through the Site or Services please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
2. Online Tracking and Do-Not-Track Signals
4. Contact Us
Eightfold AI Inc.
ATTN: Legal Dept. 2625 Augustine Drive
Santa Clara, CA 95054