We are currently living through a period of time where assessment that’s based on skills and potential has never been more critical. As the economic crisis plays out, employers need to understand the skills base within their workforces to drive mobility and enable redeployment. At the same time, correctly understanding the transferable skills of available talent will help companies make some fantastic hires.
Unfortunately, though recruiting is still dominated by a reliance on resumes and other outdated practices. So how might this be changed and how can technology help to drive our industry forward.
My guest this week is Todd Raphael from Eightfold. Todd has been studying and writing about the talent acquisition for over 20 years and has some great insights to share about skills-based recruiting.
In the interview, we discuss:
• The most significant developments in talent acquisition in the last ten years
• Outdated recruiting methods
• The benefits of skilled, focused hiring
• Transferable skills in an economic crisis
• Redeployment to prevent layoffs
• The role of AI
• Innovating to improve internal mobility
• Mitigating bias
• The future potential of intelligent automation