Companies often call temp firms to find a person to do a task, even if multiple employees in the company’s workforce could have done the work. Enterprises don’t have a sense of employees’ skills, and those skills go unused.
Eightfold’s Project Marketplace changes that. Employees browse a list of internal company projects to surface projects that match their skills and preferences. Managers find employees with the skills they need and invite them to join their projects. AI matching automates the process with the best-fit people for each project, and the projects that most interest each person, without bias.
Allow employees to browse internal company projects that match their skills and preferences. Some benefits are:
- Opportunities to build their resumes by deploying skills they have but don’t typically use.
- Networking with colleagues not in their regular departments or teams.
- Job security in becoming more valuable to their employers.
Managers find employees with the skills they need and invite them to join their projects. Some benefits are:
- Hidden talent found among employees who already understand the organization, instead of spending on external employees or contractor.
- Retention improvements among employees apt to leave for a new challenge.
- Knowledge of who has what skills, even in a different department and location.